Many people would want to know about the biography of Wendy Shay especially about her music career and her life story but are they normally given the relevant information about her?
This article will talk about Wendy shay biography, her life story and music career
Wendy Shay is officially known as Asiamah Addo. Wendy Shay is her stage name and she is a Ghanaian singer known in the Afropop and Afrobeat genre.
What was Wendy Shay’s Early Life Like?
On the 20 February 1996, Wendy Shay was born to Mr. and Mrs. Addo in Accra, a suburb of the Greater Accra Region of Ghana. Unfortunately, she lost her father at an early age and so after his death, she relocated to Stuttgart in Germany with her three siblings. It is said and believed that Shay’s love for music grew after she lost her father when she was just four years of age
Wendy Shay was privileged to have attended prominent schools like Morning Star School and St Martin de Porres which are all in Accra before relocating to Stuttgart where she continued her education from grade 7. She has also hinted that she attended a music school back in Bernhausen,Germany.
Biography of Wendy Shay – Her career
When we want to talk about the biography of Wendy Shay, then we certainly must talk about her music and other careers. Wendy Shay is a trained Nurse by profession, who is licensed to practice midwifery in Germany. She worked for a while as a midwife until she relocated to Ghana to pursue her musical aspirations.
According to Wendy, she was introduced to music by Rufftown Records Manager; Bullet and she signed in as an artiste in January 2018 after the untimely death of late label mate Ebony Reigns. Wendy Shay released her debut single “Uber Driver”, produced by MOG Beatz on 1st June 2018.
Currently, she plays chieftaincy roles as she has been enstooled as the Ahenemba Hemaa of Gomoa Afransi in the Central Region, Ghana with her stool name being Queen Ewurabena Ofosuhemaa Shay. Wendy Shay also holds brand ambassadorial deal with the Youth Employment Agency (YEA) in Ghana.
Biography of Wendy Shay – What are her popular songs?
Since her emergence in the Ghanaian music industry, Shay has released some powerful singles like
- “Uber Driver”
- “Bedroom Commando”
- “Psalm 35″(featuring Kuami Eugene, Sarkodie)
- “The Boy Is Mine” (featuring Eno Barony)
- “Masakra” (featuring Ray James)
- “All For You”
- “Shay On You”
- Stevie Wonder feat Shatta Wale
- All For You
- Kut It
- Tuff Skin Girl
- Katiana (feat Razben)
Wendy also has affluent albums to her name, and they are
- Shay On You
- Shayning Star
What are her relevant awards?
The biography of Wendy Shay is seasoned with nominations and awards. Her nominations and awards are below
- In the 2018, she won the Ghana-Naija Showbiz Awards Best New Artiste of the Year with Herself
- Ghana Music Awards SA New Artiste of the Year Herself Won 
- MuseAfrica’s “Bangerz of the Quarter” Awards Afrobeats Artiste of the Year (Herself) – Nominated in 2018
- Afrobeats Song of the Quarter (Uber Driver) – Nominated in 2018
- Introlude Song of the (Quarter Uber Driver) – Nominated in 2018
- Eastern Music Awards Female Vocalist of the Year (Herself) – Nominated in 2018
- Artist of the Year (Herself) – Nominated in 2018
- Music Video of the Year (Uber Driver) – Won in 2018
- 2019 3Music Awards Breakthrough Act of the (Year Herself) – Won
- 2019 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards Discovery of the Year, Herself – Won
- 2019 Ghana Music Awards UK New Artiste of the Year, Herself – Won
- 2021 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards Afro-beats/Afro-pop Song of the Year, Herself – Nominated
- 2021 Afro-beat/Afro-pop Artiste of the Year (Herself) – Nominated
- 2022 3Music Awards Woman of the Year (Herself) – Nominated
- 2022 Viral Song of the Year (Heat) – Nominated
- 2022 Afrobeats/AfroPop Act of the Year (Herself) – Nominated
- 2022 Hip-Hop Song of the Year (Heat) – Nominated
This is the biography of Wendy Shay who is undoubtedly a Ghanaian music sensation.