Shatta Wale is a popular Ghanaian musician known popularly for his music and infamously for being controversial in the Ghanaian music industry.
Flash drive through Shatta Wale’s life
Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jr. is a specialist musician in the genre of reggae-dancehall. He is known rather popularly as Shatta Wale which he uses as a stage name. He was however formerly known Bandana. Shatta Wale has been able to produce best-known singles like “Dancehall King”, “My level” and “We taking over” .
He is also has a feature “Already” from Beyonce’s Black is King Album. Shatta Wale won Artiste of the Year at the 2014 edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards with his Dancehall King single.
He has also taken acting roles and starred in films like;Never Say Never,The trial of Shatta Wale and Shattered Lives.
Shatta Wale was nominated in 2004 for the Ghana Music Award for his recording “Moko Hoo”.
What was Shatta Wale’s early life like?
The early hours of October 17,1984 saw the birth ofCharles Nii Armah Mensah Jr. at the Ghana Police Hospital,Accra. Shatta Wale was born to politician cum lawyer father;Charles Nii Armah Mensah Snr and mother; Elsie Evelyn Avemegah.
He attended Seven Great Princes Academy at Dansoman, for his basic education. At this school, he demonstrated strong passion for arts and acted in a popular drama series;By the Fireside,which was hosted at National Theatre of Ghana.He then continued his educational journey to the Winneba Secondary School where he obtained his second cycle education.
He started his early music career with a borrowed name and identity; Doggy. The name selection was in reverence of his favourite DanceHall artiste at the time; Yoggy Doggy.
He however changed the name to Bandana- a name well known for his first single hit track. He yet again changed his name Shatta Wale, after having survived downfalls in his music career.
See Also: R2Bees Biography: Life History, Music Career, Net Worth And Awards.
What are the background information on Shatta Wale’s music career?
He may be known prominently for his music but aside that he’s a sound engineer, an actor, a record producer and a songwriter.
His active years in music starting way back in 2004 has seen his continual transformations in music genres like; Highlife,Hiplife,ReggaeDancehall and Afrobeats.
He is affiliated to The Shatta Movement Records and can play keyboard remarkably.In 2014, he peaked to number 38 on E.tv’s “Top 100 Most Influential Ghanaian” Awards chart.
He has also made a record-setting as a dancehall artist to have won 11 awards at the 2019 3 Music Awards ceremony.
What endorsements have Shatta Wale signed?
Charles Nii Armah holds endorsements with some august companies in They are
- Being a brand ambassador for Guinness Ghana Breweries and brand ambassador for Rush Energy Drink since 2014
- Becoming brand ambassador for Kasapreko Company;producers of several alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, in 2017
- Endorsement with Infinix Ghana, a smartphone company and he signed this on September 11, 2019.
- On 17 November 2017, Shatta Wale signed a deal with Boss Baker Beef Roll as the brand ambassador
What are Shatta Wale’s Discographies?
He has well-played albums to his name and some of these albums are;
- After the Storm (2016)
- Cloud 9 (2017, hip hop mixtape)
- Reign (2018)
- Wonder Boy (2019)
He also have some famous tracks to his name. These are;
- Like you
- Kill them with prayers
- Shame on you
- True believer
- Thunder fire
- Bend Over
What are the awards Shatta has won?
He has won reputable awards like;
- 2013 4Syte TV Music Video Awards for Best Reggae/Dancehall Video
- 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards for African Artiste of the Year
- 2014 Ghana Music Awards for Artiste of the year
- 2014 Nigerian Entertainment Awards for African Artiste of the Year
- 2014 International Reggae and World Music Awards for Best New Entertainer
- 2017 Ghana Music Awards UK for Artiste of the Year,Afro Pop Artiste of the Year,Reggae/Dancehall Artiste of the Year
This is a brief history about Shatta Wale’s Music career.