With the introduction of the Electronic Levy by the government of Ghana , it has been brought to fore that several people are deactivating their momo account, but how can you do that?.
This article by InfoMargin Ghana opt to tackle this particular query “How to Deactivate/Delete MTN Momo account”.
How to delete/deactivate MTN Mobile Money
To deactivate your mobile money, please take the following into consideration before you begin the process
- Make sure you have no outstanding loan on MTN MoMo
- You must have the ID used for registering the MoMo account
- At least one tangible reason why you’re deleting the account.
- Your mobile phone
- Mobile Money SIM card.
Well, once you meet the aforementioned requirements, nothing can stop you from deleting your account.
To delete your MoMo account, follow the steps below:
- Visit any nearby MTN branch
- Go to the Mobile money customer service center
- Consult any available official at the MoMo customer service center
- State what you want to do (Tell them you want to delete/deactivate your mobile money)
- Provide the necessary document to continue the process (e.g ID card)
Your account will be verified if there are outstanding payments to be made. This is all part of the review and assessment.
Once the review and assessment are successful, your account will be deleted from the MTN MoMo system as soon as possible.
So that’s the only way available currently in which you can permanently delete or deactivate your MTN Momo account.
I really hope this simple guide will help you in your quest for deleting your mobile money account.
Thanks for reading and I will be very much grateful if you share this with friends and family.