Read this article to know how to become a MoMo Agent.
To become an agent there are required standards you have to meet before you become one. You must register as a LIMITED company with existing outlets willing to provide service under your company name.
Becoming a momo merchant is a simple process. Simply follow the steps below to initiate your registration as a MoMo agent
- Dial *5051#. (With the Business Owner’s MTN subscriber line)
- Select Register and send.
- Select your region in which you intend to operate and send.
- You will receive a reference number via SMS.
- Write the reference number received on the MoMo registration forms.
- MTN MoMo Agent will call and also visit your location for inspection.
- You must complete and submit the following forms for processing;
- Registration Form – Agent/Merchant Form – Must complete with Company details, attach a copy of the business owner’s ID and also attach supporting documents: Business Registration Certificate, Certificate to Commence Business, Certificate of Incorporation, Form 3/Form A/Form C
- Registration Form – Agent Account handler – Details of individual to handle the account and must attach a copy of any valid photo ID to the form
- Authentication Questions – Business owner should complete only 10 out of the 21 questions
- MTN MoMo Agent Engagement Agreement – Complete and sign
Processing of sim card will be done within ten (10) working days after receiving all relevant documents from the prospective Agent.
Consider These Guidelines to Register as a Momo Agent In Ghana
Following documents must be provided:
- Your Business Registration Certificate
- A valid national photo ID (Voter’s ID/ National ID/ NHIS ID/ Driver’s License/ Passport/SSNIT ID).
You will also need to complete a form and submit to MTN to begin the application Process;
- Agent Recruitment form
- Agent Account handler form
- Agent/ Merchant code of ethics
The following are required in order to meet the criteria for becoming an MTN momo agent.
Agent’s Location and Structure
In accordance with EMI (E-money Issuer) guidelines, prospective Agents must also meet the required structure and location requirements below:
- Permanent structure in the form of Brick and Mortar, Semi-permanent structure (Defined) is required for an Agent outlet. These structures must be within 50-100 meters radius.
- Wooden structures popularly known as kiosks and Space2Space Umbrella outlets do not meet the standard requirement.
Agent Capital Requirement:
As an agent you must have a startup capital of at least GH¢ 4,000.
Processing of Documents:
- Please note that MTN Mobile Money shall respond via email or phone to all applicants upon receipt of their application.
- MTN vets your application to ensure they meet all requirements.
- Presenting fake documents in support of agent applications is a criminal offence and MTN Mobile Money reserves the right to reject any applications that do not meet the requirements above and take such action as may be necessary in respect thereof.
- If your application is successful MTN will inform you via email or phone about the status of their application.
- MTN takes a minimum or maximum of twenty-three (23) working days to process your application.
- Successful applicants shall be notified via email or phone call upon completion of service.
For more information visit or contact MTN Ghana.