This is a comprehensive guide on How To Apply For Police Clearance Certificate In Ghana in 2022. In most cases where you want to travel outside the boarders of Ghana, there are a few things you need to have depending on the requirements or how you are traveling and one of them is gaining permission from the police.
For the completion of your visa application, various embassies in Ghana seek an important document called the Police Clearance Certificate.
Embassy officials often request a copy of your police clearance certificate to assess your moral character and ensure that you are a law-abiding citizen with no criminal history. Again, it is the clearance certificate that is capable of determining whether or not you will be granted a visa. In this article, you will get to know How to Apply for Police Clearance Certificate easily in Ghana.
What is a Police Clearance Certificate?
A Police clearance certificate is an official document that is issued by the police or a government agency of a country after conducting a background check to identify any criminal histories an applicant may have.
What is a Police Clearance Certificate Used For?
The Police Clearance Certificate is needed to demonstrate that you have no previous criminal record during the time of your stay in a country.
Whether you’re a native-born person, a newcomer, a tourist, an employee, or a college student, your character is on display here.
- Your Character as a person
- Whether or not you are a law-abiding citizen
Obtaining a Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
To acquire a Police Clearance Certificate or a criminal record check, an applicant must provide their fingerprints and other personal information, such as their name, address, date of birth, and birth location. In order to accomplish this, the records are accessed through the database of the Ghana Police.
Police Clearance Certificate Application Requirements
- Fully filled POLICE CID FORM (Nominal Vetting)
- Certificates of Identification
- A set of ink-rolled fingerprints
- A copy of Applicant’s Passport
- A Letter from the embassy or institution requesting the clearance certificate
- Two passport-size photograph
- Application fee (depending on the current rate of the Ghana Police)
So who issues Police Clearance Certificates in Ghana?
The CID Department of the Ghana Police Service, at the Police Head Office in Accra.
Where can you Apply for Ghana Police Clearance Certificate?
The Ghana Police Headquarters is the place you go to apply for a police clearance certificate. The Police headquarters can be located at Cantonments, Ring Road East, Accra.
However, in case an applicant does not reside in Accra, the applicant can. Is it the nearest Police Office for assistance.
Is it Possible for Another Person to get a Clearance Certificate on your behalf?
Yes. It is absolutely possible for another person to get a clearance report for you provided you give the person all the information required by the Ghana Police Service to check your background for you.
How Much is Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana?
The price of the police service clearance varies depending on the purpose to which your are requesting the report. The price of the clearance certificate, however, ranges from GHC 60.00 to GHC 1,200.00
How to Apply for Police Clearance Certificate in Ghana
Kindly follow the steps below to successfully apply for a police clearance certificate in Ghana;
- Visit the Ghana Police Service headquarters
- Request for a police clearance certificate
- You will be asked to give basic details about yourself via filling out a form
- You will also be asked to provide a valid ID card and Passport for further identification and documentation
- Your fingerprint will finally be taken
- You will then be asked to pay a fee for the certificate (depending on the current rate for clearance certificates)
- You will then be asked to go and check back after about 7 working days for your certificate.
How Long Will it take to get your Certificate?
The police clearance certificate can take about 7 working days to be ready. However, depending on the pressure or demand at the time of request, the certificate could delay but will not exceed two weeks or a month.
For How Long is the Police Clearance Certificate Valid in Ghana
Remember that every police clearance report issued has a six (6) month validity period.
I believe by now, you understand all that goes into How to Apply for Police Clearance Certificate easily in Ghana. This article, I believe will go a long way to prepare prospective applicants anytime they decide to go in for the certificate.