This article will give you a brief overview of the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat and How To Apply for a Scholarship through this body.
Scholarships from the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat are available to those in need, those who have demonstrated merit, those who want to study locally, and those who want to study worldwide. Ghanaians can apply for scholarships from a variety of international organisations and governments through the scholarship body.
Mission of The Ghana Scholarship Secretariat
The Scholarships Secretariat was established in order to make use of government monies. GETFUND and Donor Support for the granting of Scholarships to brilliant but needy students and competent Ghanaian workers at a low cost of entry for the purpose of Human Resource Development for National Growth and Development.
Other Stories :
- GHS Confirms Outbreak of Hanz Virus At the Accra Hearts Of Oak’s Camp
- Football Agent Mino Raiola Debunks Death Rumors
- Famous Ghanaian Athletes
Who can Apply to the Scholarship Secretariat for a Scholarship (Eligibility)?
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship, you should qualify for one of the following;
- Should have gained admission into a local or international tertiary institution (will be explained further below)
- Should have registered and enrolled to undertake the course
- The Institution should be accredited by the National Accreditation Board (NAB)
- Categories of Local Tertiary Institutions (Private and Public)
- Nurses/Teacher Training Colleges
What does scholarship cover?
- Payment of disability.
- Grants to physically challenged
- Ghanian students in tertiary institutions.
- Long stay allowance for medical science students in public tertiary institutions in country
What do you need to Apply for a Scholarship
- Academic transcripts
- Admission letters
- Academic certificate
- Medical Certificate (From an accredited government institution)
How to apply for a Scholarship with the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat
- Open the web address www.scholarshipgh.com
- Create an account to register
- Complete the application form and upload academic transcripts, admission letters and academic certificate.
- Complete an online aptitude test and be scheduled for a selection interview in your selected district.
- You will finally be notified the moment you are selected for the Scholarship award
When can I Apply for a Scholarship with the Ghana Scholarship Secretariat?
The Ghana Scholarship Secretariat Gives out Scholarships to brilliant and needy students every year. One can apply for a scholarship with the Scholarship Secretariat the moment they open for Applications.
How do I know if the Scholarship Secretariat is Accepting Applications?
There is a Publicity on Secretariat’s website and notice board, as well as on newspapers with nationwide circulation.
Foreign tertiary awards cover scholarships at the tertiary level of education in a foreign country. This is based on a Bilateral Cooperation Agreement between the Government of Ghana and the Government of the awarding country.
Currently, the countries that fall under this category include:
- German Government Doctoral Programme (DAAD)
In addition to the above, the Commonwealth Secretariat also award scholarships to Ghanaian at the postgraduate level based on a multilateral arrangement between Ghana and Commonwealth member countries.
There are other countries awarding scholarships to Ghanaians without a counterpart funding from the Government of Ghana.
These countries are:
- Australia Government Awards
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships
- Turkish Government Awards
- Mauritius Government Scholarship
KINDLY CONTACT THE SECRETARIAT FOR MORE INFORMATION
Hotlines: 0302 9629 28, 0302 9629 29, 0302 9629 30, 0302 9629 31
Email: [email protected]